Services Terms and Conditions
Our standard hourly rate is $175 per hour plus GST, or as provided in your Proposal.
Other rates may apply by mutual agreement.These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice and may be superseded as described in clause 43.g.
We may modify these Terms and Conditions, notifying through a general page of our website, by email or by any other method of communication.
50 % of the invoice will be payable upon signing the briefing document and will be sent after the project is agreed upon. The remaining 50% will be payable within 10 days of the final invoice which will be sent upon completion of the project unless other arrangements have been made. We may require interest to be paid on any amount that is more than 10 days overdue. Interest will be calculated at the rate of 2% per month
Our briefing document will include information relating to our fees. Our fees are based on what is fair and reasonable for the services provided having regard to
- the time and labour expended
- the skill, specialised knowledge and responsibility required to perform the service properly
- the urgency required for the project to be completed
GST is payable by you on our fees and charges.
You may engage us to carry out a Project for you by:
- signing and returning a Proposal to us; or
- providing an authorised Purchase Order; or
- in the case of smaller engagements – through written verification.
- By verbal notification and acceptance of such by way of your payment to us.
Unless we notify you otherwise, we will accept that engagement, subject to these Terms and Conditions. The Project will commence in-line with the project schedule or when we accept the engagement.
If we provide you with a Proposal for the Project, then that Proposal:
- is based on the Specifications, and is subject to change if the parties agree to amend the Specifications;
- Includes GST; and
- is valid for a period of 30 days from the date we issue the Proposal, unless otherwise agreed by The Launch Agency.
3. Staged Approach
For most Projects, we prefer to adopt a staged approach for planning and implementation purposes.
1. Discovery Stage
At this stage, the requested features are just high-level ideas and really need to be fleshed out in detail. In a workshop with key stakeholders, we’ll define the keys to success, functionality, branding, look and feel, and the more complex technical aspects that will drive the Project.
The deliverables for the discovery stage may include:
- functional specifications (sitemap and wireframes);
- design and/or marketing specifications;
- fixed price proposal for the design and/or marketing;
- estimate for development/technology.
Our normal practice is to charge you for our time spent on the Discovery Stage at our hourly rate and this is whether or not you proceed to further stages in the Project unless otherwise specified.
2. Creative Stage
Following on from the discovery stage the creative team will take charge and work through our process. Whilst this occurs, the development team will work collaboratively to create and develop the technical specifications and database schema/architecture.
The deliverables for the creative stage may include:
- completed design, content and/or brand;
- technical specifications;
- database schema/architecture;
- fixed price proposal for development/technology.
3. Development/Technology Stage
The development/technology stage is usually the largest and most involved. Throughout this stage The Launch Agency likes to work as closely as possible with you directly or via your Project Manager.
The deliverables for the development/technology stage may include:
- completed development;
- quality assurance;
- user acceptance testing;
- training sessions;
- installation of devices.
4. Marketing Stage
Once the Project is completed, we will ensure that it is optimised for marketing purposes.
The deliverables for the marketing stage may include:
- meta information;
- 301 redirects;
- image alt tags;
- sitemap creation and submission to Google;
- Google analytics installed.
The Services that we provide to you, and any specific terms, may include some or all of the following:
- clause 12 – Consultation;
- clause 13 – Workshops;
- clause 14 – Design;
- clause 15 – Copywriting;
- clause 16 – Development/Technology;
- clause 17 – Maintenance;
- clause 18 – Third Party Software;
- clause 19 – Training;
- clause 20 – Warranty;
- clause 21 – Support & Maintenance Packages;
- clause 22 – Hosting;
- clause 23 – Domain Name Services;
- clause 24 – Beacon and other Devices;
- clause 25 – Email/SMS Marketing;
- clause 26 – Social Media Management (SMM);
- clause 27 – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO);
- clause 28 – Online Advertising;
- clause 29 – Strategy and Analytics.
1. You acknowledge that electronic services are subject to interruption and breakdown, and all non-electronic services are subject to disruption, and therefore:
- the Services will not be error-free or uninterrupted; and
- your access to the Project and the operation of the Project will not be error-free or uninterrupted.
5. Hours of Service
All Services will be carried out between 8:30am and 5:00pm (local office time), Monday to Friday excluding public holidays and the Christmas / New Year closure periods.
6. Content and Materials Supplied by You
You must supply to us all required materials you want us to use in the Project, and all other content and materials we reasonably request (Client Content) in a timely manner.
1. You must supply all Client Content in the following digital format/s:
- text/copy: Microsoft Word or Rich Text (clearly labelled and in correct order);
- tables: Microsoft Excel (clearly labelled and in correct order);
- images: high resolution where possible (JPEG, PNG files);
- logos: vector format (Illustrator EPS/AI);
- diagrams/maps: vector format (AI) or (JPEG files);
- if required, access to your current website and database via SSH, ftp and/or CMS/hosting control panel login;
- brand style guidelines (if applicable).
2. We may charge Additional Costs if the Client Content is not provided in the appropriate format or if material is not supplied when requested.
3. You warrant that the materials or content you provide to us, or that are provided to us on your behalf, will not:
- breach any rights (including Intellectual Property Rights or Moral Rights) of any third party; or
- compromise the security or operation of our computer systems, through a virus or otherwise.
1. You indemnify, and agree to keep The Launch Agency, its directors, officers and employees indemnified, against all Loss arising out of the breach of any rights (including Intellectual Property Rights and Moral Rights) of any third party in connection with materials or content that you supply to us, or that are supplied to us on your behalf.
7. Variations and Additional Costs
If during the course of our engagement there are changes in the Specifications of the Project or unplanned delays or additional project time due to unforeseen reasons beyond our reasonable control, these will be treated as a Variation.
1. Where a Variation occurs, The Launch Agency reserves the right to halt work and review the Fees for the Project. We will discuss the Variation with you and where required will issue a Variation Notice which is to include the basis for the Variation and any associated increase in the Fees for the Project. We will not proceed with the Services until we receive your written approval to proceed. If you do not give written approval of the Variation Notice and to proceed within 7 days, then the agreement and Project may be terminated.
2. Examples of Variations include:
- introduction of additional requirements not discussed during the discovery stage i.e. branding deliverables, introduction of video requirements, data entry required;
- changes in the Specifications during the design stage i.e. additional pages requiring design, additional design elements/features etc.;
- additional pages, features, functionality etc. required / introduced in the development/technology stage;
- customisation of the CMS or building an extension not specified in the approved design, Specifications or database schema/architecture;
- additional project management time;
- unplanned delays in obtaining approval, Client Content or feedback resulting in The Launch Agency having to reschedule projects, staff or facilitate continuance;
- overtime required to meet deadlines due to delays by the Client providing approval, Client Content or feedback.
3. It is our process to include project management time in all quotes, but from time to time we are required to not only project manage The Launch Agency team but also manage your team. This is generally not known at the time of quoting and may be treated as a Variation.
4. If during the course of our engagement there are small changes in the Project [leading to extra costs not exceeding 10% of the original estimated Fees], we will contact you and provide an estimate of the Additional Costs for these small changes.
5. Where possible, we will attempt to obtain approval from you prior to undertaking the additional work. However, in some cases due to deadline and availability constraints, this may not be possible, and we may proceed with the work without obtaining approval and you will be liable for all Additional Costs.
6. Additional Costs will be invoiced separately to the Client on an ad hoc basis, charged at current Professional Hourly Rates, or where appropriate, placed on a Support & Maintenance Package (see Clause 21).
7. Examples of Additional Costs include:
- costs for commercial fonts, photography, audio and video;
- content not in the appropriate format;
- extra workshops or workshops requiring additional hours;
- requested minor additional design concepts / alterations;
- requested minor changes to the design after final approval has been requested or provided;
- uploading and styling/layout of additional Client Content;
- additional training sessions, additional training session attendees or training at your premises;
- additional meetings and travel time.
8. Purchase of Stock Images, Fonts, Photography, Audio or Video
Unless specified in the Proposal, the Fees do not include any searches or purchase of stock images, commercial fonts, photography, audio or video.
1. You can provide stock images, commercial fonts, audio or video, or we can purchase them on your behalf. When any stock images or commercial fonts are purchased on your behalf, The Launch Agency will be the license holder and the image or font can only be used under the terms of the license/s.
2. You indemnify, and agree to keep The Launch Agency, its directors, officers and employees indemnified, against all Loss arising out of the breach of these licenses.
3. Standard stock images will be charged according to the Stock Image Rates.
4. Costing for any font, photography, audio or video required will be provided for approval separately via a Variation Notice.
5. Ownership of the finished photography, audio or video will be transferred to you upon full payment of all issued invoices.
6. The Launch Agency retains ownership of all working files.
9. Your Approval
Your approval may be required for a number of items (Approval Item) presented to you:
- project brief;
- functional specifications (sitemap and wireframes);
- design specifications;
- marketing specifications;
- design concepts (and your choice of one of them);
- each updated version of the chosen design concept;
- completed design;
- technical specifications;
- database schema/architecture;
- completed deliverable including uploaded content;
- Variation Notices; and
- any other item for which we request your approval.
1. When we provide you with any Approval Item, you must notify us in writing whether you do or do not accept the completed Approval Item.
2. You will be deemed to have accepted the Approval Item if we do not receive a response from you within 5 business days.
3. Your acceptance of the completed Approval Item in accordance with paragraph (b) or (c) means that the Approval Item is complete, and no further amendments are necessary. However, we will not proceed to the next Stage of the Project until we receive your approval to proceed.
4. There may be Additional Costs in having to reschedule projects, staff or facilitate continuance due to unplanned delays in obtaining approval. If unable to perform continuance, the Client may have to pay a shut down and subsequent restart fee commensurate to the labour and resource costs incurred.
10. Scheduling, Production and Project Management
If we consider it to be necessary, we will develop a production schedule for the Services. We will use reasonable commercial endeavours to carry out the Services in accordance with that schedule.
1. If you delay in providing approval, Client Content or feedback we require, then this may result in:
- a change in the delivery deadline set out in the production schedule; or
- If the delivery deadline cannot be changed, a Variation Notice will be issued, including necessary overtime costs.
11. Digital Marketing Services
You acknowledge that the Digital Marketing Services provided by The Launch Agency is not an exact science and that search engines, media services, platforms and providers are constantly changing and evolving and that The Launch Agency has no control over these changes.
1. The Launch Agency will perform the Digital Marketing Services utilising best practice strategies and up-to-date techniques, and will make recommendations to best achieve the client’s goals, but cannot guarantee results.
2. The Launch Agency will endeavour to seek approval from the Client for material prior to publication, but this may not always be possible due to time constraints, deadlines and access to the appropriate authority.
3. Unless agreed otherwise, Digital Marketing Services and media spend will be invoiced and automatically paid by direct debit at the beginning of each month.
4. The Launch Agency will perform the Digital Marketing Services as specified in the Proposal or as agreed in writing with the client, utilising the specified providers and/or platforms, for the specified term.
5. Digital Marketing Services are supplied for a fixed initial term specified in the Proposal. If a client wishes to cancel a contract early, The Launch Agency will charge a penalty for the early termination of the contact. The penalty will be equal to 50% of the remaining value of the contract.
6. Once the initial contract term is completed, the contract will automatically renew for subsequent periods of the same duration, unless either party gives the other party 30 days written notice terminating the agreement or both parties agree in writing to vary the Digital Marketing Services provided.
7. You indemnify, and agree to keep The Launch Agency, its directors, officers and employees indemnified against all Loss arising from actions taken performing Digital Marketing Services.
8. The Launch Agency cannot be held liable and accepts no responsibility for being unable to perform the Digital Marketing Services due to lack of client resources or access.
9. The Launch Agency may be required to work alongside another agency or third party provider. The Launch Agency cannot be held liable and accepts no responsibility for being unable to perform services due to faults or defects in any service provided by third parties.
10. The Launch Agency reserves the right to charge Additional Costs, in accordance with clause 7e to 7g, caused by the Client’s instructions, lack of instructions, interruptions, mistakes, work for which The Launch Agency is not responsible and changes to the requirements, expectations or hardware and software environment, and extra work required caused by faults or defects in any service provided by a third party.
12. Consultation and Other Services not Specifically Itemised in these Terms and Conditions
Our consultancy services may include:
- researching and developing a tailored strategy, campaign planning and implementation, current system review and analysis; audits, workshops, public speaking and installation;
- project management of a third party or internal implementation.
1. Other services we offer may include:
- Digital Asset Valuations, App Development, be it Native or Web-based, Video and Photography, , SLA (Service Level Agreements), etc.
Our workshop services vary in length, cost and deliverables based on the brief and other requirements.
1. Unless otherwise specified in the Proposal, the workshop will be held in one of The Launch Agency offices.
2. Extra workshops or workshops requiring additional hours will be an Additional Cost.
3. Deliverables from a workshop may include:
- in-depth brief;
- stakeholder review and analysis;
- customer feedback and insights;
- recommendations and documentation;
- functional specifications (sitemap and wire-frames);
- design specifications;
- marketing specifications;
- fixed price proposal for the design;
- estimate for development/technology.
Our design services will include:
- delivery to you of one design concept (or as specified in the Proposal); and
- one round of alterations.
1. Upon completion of the alteration, The Launch Agency will supply an updated version of the design concept to you.
2. If you request additional concepts or alterations, or request changes to the design after final approval has been requested or provided, the work will be an Additional Cost.
3. The work referred to in paragraph (c) does not include a change to the Specifications which will be treated as a Variation.
4. The deliverables from the creative stage may include:
- completed design;
- technical specifications;
- database schema/architecture;
- fixed price proposal for development/technology.
5. Other design services may include:
- branding – competitor analysis, name research, URL review, logo trend analysis, branding options, refinement, final brand and logo and style guide;
- discussions regarding developing options for your digital marketing strategy, current system review and analysis;
- other design services – print ad design, booth design, banner design, business card and stationary design and printing, brochure design, email template design, sub-brand logo design.
6. Ownership of the finished design will be transferred to you upon full payment of all issued invoices.
7. The Launch Agency retains ownership of all working files.
Our copywriting services may include:
- SEO copy;
- Website copy;
- Blog writing;
- EDM copy.
1. Our copywriting services include presentation of one copy and one round of alterations for each copy/blog.
2. Ownership of the finished copy will be transferred to you upon full payment of all issued invoices.
3. The Launch Agency retains ownership of all working files.
Our development/technology services will be derived from the Proposal, the technical specifications, and final deliverables from discovery and design stages.
1. Our development/technology services may include uploading and styling/layout of the Client Content to the developed software. If applicable, we will complete a specified number of standard pages or screens of the software. If we complete additional pages or screens for you, the additional work will be an Additional Cost.
2. A Content Management System (CMS) may be provided as part of the Project. Unless otherwise specified in the Proposal, our services do not include customisation of this CMS, its extensions, plug-ins or components. If any customisation is required:
- the parties agree the work will constitute a Variation;
- the customisation, extension, plug-in or component remains licensed under the original author or The Launch Agency; and
- you accept and must comply with the CMS terms and conditions in relation to your use of the customisation extension, plug-in or component.
3. You acknowledge that the CMS and many of its extensions, plug-ins and components are provided by third parties, and therefore:
- We have limited control over the functionality or operation of the CMS and its extensions, etc.; and
4. You accept and must comply with the terms and conditions of those third parties relating to the CMS.
5. Standard Page or Screen is up to 500 words, up to 3 images and up to one implementation of any tabular data.
6. Unless otherwise specified in the Proposal or as agreed in writing with The Launch Agency, The Launch Agency retains ownership of the IP of any custom applications.
7. You acknowledge that The Launch Agency is free to reuse any code, inventions, extensions, plug-ins or components and you grant The Launch Agency an indefinite perpetual licence to use, re-sell and modify.
8. Ownership of the finished deliverable will be transferred to you upon full payment of all issued invoices.
9. The Launch Agency retains ownership of all working files.
10. Unless otherwise agreed for all apps being uploaded to an app store (Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Microsoft Store), The Launch Agency will be listed as the “developer”. If in the event the Client wishes to be the “developer” with their own account, the costs to action such transfer will be an Additional Cost.
11. You acknowledge that the software that is developed by The Launch Agency may run on third party platforms, software and environments and therefore if any of these third party platforms, software or environments make an update or discontinue, this may cause your software to break down, be interrupted or not operate at full functionality.
Our maintenance services consist of making modifications/updates based on the Proposal, brief and/or Specifications.
1. Unless otherwise specified in the Proposal, the Fees for modification do not include any provision for training or post-implementation support or warranty.
18. Third Party Software
1. We may provide Third Party Software as part of the Project. You acknowledge that:
- we have limited control over the functionality or operation of the Third Party Software;
- if the third parties provide data or other information for use with the Software, we have no control over the accuracy or completeness of that information;
- you accept and must comply with the terms and conditions of the Third Party Software providers; and
- those Third Party Software providers may invoice you directly for ongoing costs relating to your use of the Software.
2 The Fees for the Third Party Software may change from time to time. The new prices not supplied directly by the provider will apply from the date that we notify you.
1. The Proposal may include training sessions of varying lengths, content and outcomes. Training sessions will be conducted in one of The Launch Agency offices, or by virtual meeting, with no more than 3 trainees.
2. If additional training sessions are required, or you wish to have additional attendees at a training session, or require training at your office, there may be an Additional Cost.
The Launch Agency provides a 20 business day period for Client Testing. During this time, we provide 2 rounds of testing and feedback and 2 subsequent rounds of code fixes.
1. The Launch Agency provides a limited Warranty Period during which it will fix Bugs at no charge. The Warranty Period will commence 20 business days after the project is handed over for Client Testing. If data entry is required, then the Warranty Period will commence on completion of data entry but no later than 30 business days after the Project is handed over for Client Testing.
2. The limited Warranty Period will continue for a period of 20 business days.
3. Extended warranty periods can be negotiated during the Discovery Stage and outlined in the Specifications.
4. All identified Bugs must be reported within the Warranty Period for The Launch Agency to fix at no charge as described in clause 20b.
5. It is your responsibility to review and test the software and ensure you are satisfied with it during the Client Testing and Warranty Period.
6. Any issues that are not defined as a Bug for the purposes of this warranty will be quoted for separately or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
7. Any Bugs that are reported after the expiry of the Warranty Period will be quoted for separately or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
8. When open source software, such as October CMS, WordPress, MySQL, PHP and Apache is used to build and host websites, we cannot guarantee that these open source software products are error-free. Any work required to address bugs, version or system updates, is not included under the Warranty and will be quoted for separately, or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
9. Any fixes or changes required to software as a result of upgrades to mobile operating systems like iOS, android or windows, are not included under the Warranty and will be quoted for separately, or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
10. Any fixes or changes required to software as a result of upgrades to search engines or system upgrades, are not included under the Warranty and will be quoted for separately or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
11. Unless otherwise specified in the Proposal, Warranty will only apply to:
- the latest 2 browsers versions for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
- the latest version of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer
- the latest 2 operating systems for Windows, Android and iOS
- the latest 2 device versions for Windows, Android and iOS
- when handed over for Client Testing
12. The Launch Agency will at its sole discretion determine the extent of labour required to perform its obligations under this clause.
21. Support & Maintenance Packages
Support and maintenance services are a paid service utilising paid Support & Maintenance Packages and can be pre-purchased in certain blocks and on terms set out in the relevant Package.
1. Our support services consist of, but are not limited to:
- answering your technical questions relating to the Software, its operation and the Content Management System and the extensions, plug-ins or components provided with it; and
- resolving technical issues that arise in relation to the Software or its operation, except as set out in 21 (d).
2. Our maintenance services may consist of, but not limited to
- general design services;
- general copywriting services;
- general development services;
- general marketing services;
- small updates to Software;
- design and development of landing pages;
- out of warranty bug fixes;
- out of scope project work – design or development;
- data entry;
- content changes;
- general project management.
3. Our support and maintenance services do not include resolving:
- issues that relate to your networks, email, computer systems or software;
- other technical issues not arising directly from the Software.
4. You may be required to provide to us, at your own cost, access to the Software and your computer network and any systems required in order for us to provide the support and maintenance services. If you do not provide us with such access within a reasonable time after we request it, then:
- we are not obliged to provide you with any support & maintenance services; and
- we are not obliged to return to you any portion of the Fees that you have paid to us for the provision of support & maintenance service.
5. Support & Maintenance Package reduced hourly rate deals require that the Support & Maintenance Package be paid for in full before any work is undertaken. Work undertaken outside of a Support & Maintenance Package will be charged at our current Professional Hourly Rates.
6. Support & Maintenance Packages are not designed for major creative, technology, development or marketing tasks, rather for tasks that can be completed within a maximum of 40 hours. Any work that will require more time than this to complete will require a Proposal.
7. Estimated time to complete requested support and maintenance tasks may be provided when, and if possible, at Client’s request.
8. Commencement of support tasks will start upon receipt of a written support brief/request, confirmation of time estimates provided (where required and possible) and availability of hours on a Support & Maintenance Package.
9. Support & Maintenance Package activities are limited to Software and Services created by The Launch Agency.
10. Unused Support & Maintenance Packages will not be refunded.
If we provide hosting services for the Website, those hosting services are governed by the following conditions:
1. The Launch Agency holds sole discretion for moving you to a different hosting package as required. This includes moving you to a higher plan if storage space or bandwidth usage is consistently above the allowed limit.
2. Hosting can be terminated by you or The Launch Agency with one (1) month’s notice.
3. Failure to make payment by due date may result in an administrative fee equal to your monthly package fee plus GST.
4. Continual failure to make hosting payments as requested may result in immediate removal from the hosting platform.
5. Hosting package plans charges are subject to alteration at the discretion of The Launch Agency at any given time by method of 30 days notice to you. This included modifications to existing contracts that may be in place.
6. Any fees charged for hosting packages are subject to these terms and conditions as described in sections 39–40.
Illegal or offensive content
1. All content hosted with The Launch Agency cannot contain any content that will breach any New Zealand or worldwide governing bodies or law. Any such occurrences either knowingly or unknowingly that incur legal action or repercussions of any other variant will be the sole responsibility of you. The Launch Agency will be exempt in all cases if such issues arise.
2. The Launch Agency will have the authority to remove content deemed to be offensive. If any legal body requests the removal of offensive material, The Launch Agency will immediately step in if you do not oblige. You will be invoiced for any time The Launch Agency is doing this.
3. Without exception, the following content will not be allowed and/or is deemed offensive:
- Illegal acts or encouragement of illegal acts
- Dangerous instruction (Such as bomb-making)
- Incest, rape, bestiality, or any other such illegal sexual conduct covered by the USC 2257 act, the NZOFLC, and the NZDIA
- Statements that breach the Fair Trading Act
- Slanderous statements
- Spam harvesting
- Unethical pop-up scripts/functions, malicious or endless loop scripts
- Pirated or illegally obtained material
- Racist remarks
- Illegal hot-linking
Exclusion of Liability
1. The Launch Agency cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to you or your business through these hosting services. This includes any losses or damages caused by downtime of the hosting services.
2. The Launch Agency cannot be held responsible for any loss of data.
3. You, as a customer of The Launch Agency are solely responsible for the content stored on our hosting service and served by your website. You must maintain (or request to have maintained) adequate backups of your content, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by form of contract, physical letter, or email.
4. Notwithstanding anything else herein contained or implied The Launch Agency is not attempting to exclude any of its legal liabilities under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Right of Sale
In the case of you owning a website that is not copyright or does not contain copyright sections, you are able to sell the website to a new party of their choice.
In the case of you owning a website that is copyright or contains copyright sections you will have to inform The Launch Agency in writing (with your signature present) of the decision to on-sell the website and cooperate with the procedure for the new owner to agree to these terms and conditions and sign a new contract. Unless a new contract is signed by the new owner, legal ownership and liability will remain with yours as detailed in the live contract associated with the website.
If the website in transition of ownership by you has affiliate promoters, the affiliates must be informed of the ownership transfer by yourself and be given the indisputable option to be paid out before the transfer of ownership becomes valid. Any dispute raised by affiliates wrongfully dealt with within this process or by failure of payment by you can incur suspension of hosting until all due sums are paid to the affiliate(s) in full.
Right of Update
The Launch Agency has the authority to update these terms and conditions, and hosting plans (found here HOSTING PLANS) at their discretion.
In the case of any update being viewed as extensive by The Launch Agency, email notification to you will be issued.
In the case of any update affecting price, a 1 month prior notice will be given to you of the increase/decrease via email.
The Launch Agency offers support to our customers on hosting packages. Depending on the nature of the support request a fee may be charged. Our free support categories are covered by your hosting package’s monthly support time allowance:
– Basic stylistic changes
– Small content changes (images, assets, written content)
– Enquiries about upgrading
Any other changes or support requests may result in charges at the sole discretion of The Launch Agency. Larger updates and maintenance will be considered a new project with The Launch Agency and invoiced as such.
23. Domain Name Services
The Launch Agency does not represent or warrant the availability, suitability or ability to register any domain name.
1. The Launch Agency will not, at any time, assume any liability whatsoever in respect of the use of any domain name. Any disputes arising must be resolved between the parties involved.
2. You must not transfer a domain name to another internet service provider unless you have first paid all The Launch Agency accounts in full.
3. When a domain name is due for renewal we will issue an invoice with at least 14 days notice. If the invoice is not paid prior to the due date, we cannot guarantee the continuance of the domain name.
24. Beacons and Other Devices
The Launch Agency may be required to supply beacons and/or other devices as part of a Proposal, campaign or strategy.
1. The Launch Agency will install the devices or provide instructions for the installation as detailed in the Proposal.
2. You warrant that the beacons and/or other devices will only be used for the purpose for which they were provided or which they are designed for.
3. If any of the beacons and/or other devices are faulty, damaged or otherwise not fit for use, within the appropriate warranty period, we will endeavour to assist you to get the items repaired or replaced. But we cannot guarantee the compliance or efficiency of the third party providers.
4. All intellectual property rights in and to the products, including all patent rights, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights therein shall be and remain the sole property of third party providers.
25. Email/SMS Marketing
The Launch Agency will provide email and/or SMS services utilising an agreed service provider.
1. You will be responsible for the costs associated with engagement of the email and/or SMS service provider.
2. You must comply with all applicable legislation including without limitation the Privacy Act 1993 and Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
3. You warrant that in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 NZ and the 2007 Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act NZ
4. You have consent from the recipients to receive email messages that will be sent or the message is directly related to the primary purpose for which the customers email accounts was recorded;
5. the email will contain accurate information about the Client that authorised the sending of the message and how they may be contacted;
6. you authorise a functional unsubscribe facility to allow the recipient to opt out from receiving future email messages. Any opt out received must be honoured within five (5) business days.
7. You warrant that in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 NZ and the 2007 Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act NZ
8. You have consent from the recipients to receive SMS messages that will be sent and are therefore not unsolicited commercial electronic messages as defined by any statutory acts of NZ.
9. the SMS will contain accurate information about the Client that authorised the sending of the message and how they may be contacted;
10. You authorise a functional unsubscribe facility to allow the recipient to opt out from receiving future SMS messages. Any opt out received must be honoured within five (5) business days.
26. Social Media Management (SMM)
1. Our Social Media Management services may include:
- social media review, analysis and strategy development;
- social media campaigns, blogs, content creation, client engagement and/or profile management for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media platforms;
- social media analytics;
- social media policy.
2. You will provide the access to your social media accounts or permission for us to set up accounts on your behalf.
3. If The Launch Agency is not engaged to perform response management, The Launch Agency will not be held responsible for repercussions of any negative feedback provided on social media by third parties.
27. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
1. Our Search Engine Optimisation services may include
- on page optimisation;
- content generation;
- link building.
2. The Launch Agency requires full access to your website to be able to perform SEO duties.
3. You acknowledge that the Google and other search engines algorithms are constantly changing and evolving and that The Launch Agency has no control over these changes.
28. Online Advertising
1. Our Online Advertising services may include:
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM);
- Social Media Marketing (SMM);
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC).
2. Unless otherwise agreed, The Launch Agency will utilise our professional account/s to engage the appropriate third party provider e.g. Facebook, Google, Bing.
3. The agreed monthly online advertising costs (also referred to as media buying) will be invoiced and automatically paid by direct debit at the beginning of each month.
4. The Launch Agency will charge a 10% + GST media buying fee on online advertising costs charged to their professional account/s.
5. Actual media buying costs may vary from month to month depending on the level of activity, campaign requirements, length of the month and/or agreed goals. The Launch Agency will endeavour to ensure that the agreed expenditure is expended during the duration of the term period.
6. The client acknowledges that we source suppliers and placements, but the terms and conditions of those placements are governed by the suppliers.
7. The Launch Agency retains ownership of all campaigns, advertising accounts (Facebook, Google, Bing, Unbounce, etc.) and working files. Upon termination of services, client access to these accounts, campaigns and services will be removed.
29. Strategy and Analytics
1. Our Strategy and Analytics services may include:
- digital marketing audits;
- digital marketing strategy development;
- digital marketing strategy implementation;
- videos, images, memes, infographics, whitepapers, reports and surveys;
- Google analytics;
- reputation management.
30. Archiving / Retrieval
1. We will endeavour to store or archive all electronic files used in the production of your Project for a period of 12 months after the completion of a Project. However, we provide no guarantee that any stored or archived files can be retrieved in the future. If you request that stored or archived files are retrieved by us and this is possible then we will provide this service for an Additional Cost.
2. Once your Project is launched, archiving of the files and database and copies of these files becomes the responsibility of the Client. The Launch Agency can, at the request of the Client, provide this service for an Additional Cost.
Disbursement charges are not included in the Fees. If we incur any disbursements or expenses during the course of the Project, we will charge these to you as Additional Costs.
1. These may include but are not limited to:
- costs of plugins and themes purchased as part of the Project;
- consumable material utilised as part of a Project or campaign;
- one-off costs for social media monitoring at events.
32. Warranty Disclaimer
1. Nothing in this Agreement excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition implied or imposed by legislation which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited.
2. Subject to The Launch Agency obligations under the non-excludable provisions, and to the fullest extent permissible by law, The Launch Agency expressly disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind, with respect to the Services, whether express, implied, statutory, or arising out of the course of performance, course of dealing or usage of trade, including any warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality, accuracy, title of non-infringement.
3. You agree that all goods and services supplied under these Terms are for the purposes of a business and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply.
33. Limitation of liability
1. To the fullest extent permissible by law, The Launch Agency is not liable (whether in contract or tort) for:
- faults or defects in any services or goods provided by third parties in connection with this Agreement; or
- any indirect, special or consequential loss (including loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings and business interruption) however arising, whether or not The Launch Agency knew of the possibility of such loss and whether or not such loss was foreseeable.
2. To the fullest extent permissible by law, in no event will The Launch Agency liability in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory duty) or otherwise arising out of, or in connection with, this Agreement exceed the amounts actually paid by the Client to The Launch Agency for the Service.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of The Launch Agency for a breach of a non-excludable condition is limited to:
in the case of the provision of services:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
in relation to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the repair of the goods or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
4. The Launch Agency will not be liable for any act or omission if, and to the extent that, it arises due to a reason beyond its reasonable control including without limitation strikes, lockouts, fire, theft, vandalism, natural disaster, act of God, pandemic or epidemic.
1. You indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Launch Agency in respect of all actions, claims, proceedings, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis), in connection with any of the following:
- any breach of this Agreement;
- your negligent acts or omissions; or
- your use of the Services, including any third party claims made in connection with or arising out of the Clients use of the Service, other than use in accordance with this Agreement.
35. Intellectual Property and Supply of Raw / Editable files
All Intellectual Property Rights in Project Intellectual Property vest in, or will upon their creation vest in The Launch Agency.
1. We grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to:
- publish one copy of the Project and supporting Project Intellectual Property unless otherwise stated by The Launch Agency; and
- use and reproduce the other Project Intellectual Property;
- subject to the restrictions set out in paragraph (c).
2. You must not, without our prior written consent:
- adapt, create derivative works from or merge the template or other Project Intellectual Property;
- use the Project Intellectual Property for any purpose other than the specific purpose for which we have provided it;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Project Intellectual Property;
- distribute, lend, resell, transfer, assign or sublicense the Project or other Project Intellectual Property, or allow any other person to use it except in the course of visiting the Project; and
- remove or attempt to remove any proprietary or copyright notices or any labels on the Project or other Project Intellectual Property.
These restrictions do not apply in relation to extensions or plug-ins that are licensed to you under the terms and conditions referred to in clause 16, or some extensions licensed per domain or via a license key.
3. The supply of raw / editable files is at the discretion of The Launch Agency. Additional Costs will apply, and may be based upon a percentage of the original Proposal, or a retrieval and release fee.
4. Stock images and commercial fonts remain the property of The Launch Agency, under license or its licensors at all times and are governed under licensing restrictions and rules and are not transferable.
5. We do not warrant that your use of the designs, materials or content produced by us for you in the course of the Project will not infringe any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights or any person’s Moral Rights, but we will advise you if we become aware of any infringement.
6. You agree to carry The Launch Agency logo or text hyperlink describing the nature of the service provided e.g. ‘Website Design and Development by The Launch Agency’ in or under the website footer.
7. You agree to allow The Launch Agency to use the Services provided for promotional and portfolio purposes.
1. Each party agrees to keep confidential, and not to use or disclose except as permitted by these terms and conditions, any Confidential Information of the other party. The parties agree not to disclose these terms and conditions (including any schedules), or any details of a Purchase Order or Proposal. This obligation of confidence extends to Confidential Information obtained by a party before entering into this agreement.
2. The obligation of confidence in paragraph (1) does not apply to Confidential Information to the extent that is required to be disclosed by law or the rules of any stock exchange on which the recipient’s securities are listed, provided that the recipient discloses the minimum amount of Confidential Information required to satisfy the Law or rules.
3. The Party required to disclose the other Party’s Confidential Information as set out in paragraph (b) must:
- provide a reasonable amount of notice to the other Party of the proposed disclosure;
- consult with the other Party as to the form of the disclosure; and
- take all reasonable steps to maintain such Confidential Information in confidence.
4. Each party must take all steps and do all such things as may be necessary, prudent or desirable in order to safeguard the confidentiality of the Confidential Information of the other party.
37. Calculation of Fees if not Specified
1. If the Fees are not specified (in a Purchase Order, Proposal or otherwise) at the commencement of the Project, then we will charge you at the Professional Hourly Rates for all work that we carry out for you in the course of the Project.
2. The Professional Hourly Rates may change from time to time.
3. Travel time is not included in our quotations as The Launch Agency office is our preferred location as it is appropriately set up for meetings and presentations. If you would prefer meetings at your office or any other location additional fees may apply.
38. Payment of Fees and Additional Costs
1. You must pay the Fees and Additional Costs to us within 14 days of the date on which we issue you an invoice. All payments must be in cleared funds without deduction or set-off.
2. In relation to our Services, we may issue invoices for:
- payment as indicated in our Proposal or estimate;
- for Additional Costs on an ad hoc basis; and / or
- “Work in Progress” or retainer invoice at the beginning of each calendar month.
3. If you fail to pay any amount on the due date, we may without prejudice to other rights and remedies under this Agreement or at law charge interest on the amount due, calculated on a daily basis at 3% per month from the due date until the date on which The Launch Agency receives payment; and/or
3. You will be liable for all costs of collection of overdue amounts including legal costs and debt collection charges.
39. Suspension of Services
1. If your services have been suspended, this is typically the result of your invoice(s) being overdue and/or unpaid
3. If your invoice(s) is Overdue and/or Unpaid:
- Your account may be suspended due to non-payment of services. If payment is not made within fourteen (14) days of your invoice due date, your account(s) will automatically be suspended. If credit card payments are not able to be processed (e.g. transaction(s) declined due to inactive and/or expired credit cards, incorrect billing address, etc., alternative payment is due within fourteen (14) days. If after 14 days payment is not made, your account(s) will automatically be suspended pending final resolution. After twenty-one (21) days, The Launch Agency may terminate your account and turn any outstanding balance over to debt collectors or lawyers for recovery.
1. Unless we expressly state otherwise, the Fees and Additional Costs do not include GST.
2. If at any time we decide that GST is payable on supplies made by us, or if the New Zealand Inland Revenue assesses GST on any such supplies, then the necessary amount will be added to, and form part of, the Fees or Additional Charges (as the case may be) at the GST rate prevailing at the relevant time.
3. We reserve the right to recover from you at any time such an amount on account of GST on supplies made by us to you under this agreement.
41. Duration of agreement and its termination
1. Upon execution by both parties, this agreement will take effect: immediately and remain in effect until the purpose of the Project has been achieved, unless it is terminated earlier under this clause 41.
2. A party may terminate this agreement by notice in writing to the other party if:
- the other party commits a material breach of this agreement that is capable of remedy (including failure to pay any amount due under this agreement) and fails to remedy that breach within  days after receiving notice from the other Party to do so;
- the other party commits a material breach of this agreement that is not capable of remedy (including a breach of clause 35 or clause 36);
- clause 7.b applies; or
- the other Party becomes Insolvent.
3. We may terminate this agreement if:
- you do not provide any information or materials requested within a reasonable time after being asked to do so; or
- we consider that mutual confidence and trust no longer exist.
4. Upon termination of this agreement under paragraph (2) or (3):
- our obligation to carry out the Project ceases;
- each party’s rights and obligations accrued prior to termination are not affected;
- the licence granted in clause 35(2) ceases;
- any already issued and unpaid invoice owed to The Launch Agency must be paid;
- The Launch Agency is entitled to issue an invoice for any unbilled work carried out up to the date of termination and you are liable to pay the same;
- each party must immediately return to the other party (or destroy or delete as the other party directs) all Confidential Information of the other party in its possession or control, except to the extent that the party needs to keep such information to comply with its record-keeping obligations; and
- except as provided in this paragraph (4), clauses 32, 33, 34, 36, 41, 42 and 43 will continue.
5. Notwithstanding anything else contained in this agreement, either party may terminate this agreement by giving at least one (1) month’s written notice to the other party. In such an event, the termination will become effective at the end of the notice period.
1. You must not hire or employ or attempt, directly or indirectly, to hire or employ any person currently or formerly employed by or contracted to The Launch Agency to work for you or for any other service provider to you, until six months after the date that person ceased working for or with The Launch Agency.
2. Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies under this Agreement or at law, if any breach of clause 42.1 occurs:
- you will be liable for an amount equal to 12 months salary or contract payments otherwise payable to the relevant employee or contractor, calculated at the average rate paid to that person in the three months before that person was solicited by you; and
- we will be entitled to an extension of time to complete any task affected by the non-availability of the person solicited.
1. Any notice given under this agreement must be in writing, addressed to the other party’s contact persons as notified by the other party.
In this agreement:
- .a reference to “this agreement” means these terms and conditions (including any schedule) together with a Purchase Order or Proposal (if any);
- headings and bold type are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of these terms;
- the singular includes the plural and the plural includes the singular;
- words of any gender include all genders;
- other parts of speech and grammatical forms of a word or phrase defined in this agreement have a corresponding meaning, unless the context clearly requires otherwise;
- an expression importing a person includes any company, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation or other body corporate and any government agency as well as an individual;
- a reference to any legislation includes all delegated legislation made under it, and amendments, consolidations, replacements or re-enactments of any of them;
- a reference to a party to a document includes that party’s successors and permitted assignees;
- a promise on the part of 2 or more persons binds them jointly and severally;
- no provision of this agreement will be construed adversely to a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of this agreement or that provision; and
- specifying anything in this agreement after the words “include” or “for example” or similar expressions does not limit what else is included.
Additional Costs means all additional costs for a Project over and above the Fees or other costs specified in the Purchase Order, Proposal or other document addressing costs or Fees for the relevant Project.
Approval Item is defined in clause 9(a).
Bug means a defect or error in the operation of the software or failure of the software to comply with the Specifications.
Claim means a demand, action or proceeding of any nature whether actual or threatened.
Client, you or your means, in relation to any work that we do for you:
- . the person named as the Client in the Purchase Order;
- if there is no Purchase Order, then the person named as the Client in the Proposal; or
- if there is no Proposal, then the person for whom we are undertaking the Project.
Client Content is defined in clause 6(a)
Client Testing means testing of software by the Client to ensure the software meets the Specifications.
Confidential Information of a party:
- (a) means any information:
- regarding that party’s business or affairs;
- regarding that party’s customers, employees, or other people doing business with that party;
- which is by its nature confidential;
- which is designated as confidential by that party at the time of disclosure or within 14 days after disclosure; or
- which the other party knows or ought to know is confidential;
- (b) includes without limitation (unless excluded under paragraph (c) that party’s Intellectual Property Rights and these terms and conditions; but
- (c) does not include information to the extent that information is developed or known by the other party independently of this agreement and independently of any obligation of confidence (including because it is in the public domain).
Content Management System (CMS) means the content management system described in clause 16.3.
Digital Marketing Services means Services as described in clauses 11, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29.
The Launch Agency, we or us means The Launch Agency, being;
- Phone: 027 274 6064
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees means, in respect of a Project:
(a) the Fees payable to us for the Project as set out in a Purchase Order or Proposal and any increase in Fees pursuant to a Variation Notice; or
(b) if no Fees are specified, Fees for all work we do in the course of the Project calculated in accordance with clause 37.
GST means a goods and services tax or similar tax levied in New Zealand.
Insolvent in relation to a party, means that:
(a) the party has ceased or taken steps to cease to conduct its business in the normal manner;
(b) the party has entered into or resolved to enter into any arrangement, composition or compromise with or assignment for the benefit of its creditors or any class of them;
(c) the party is unable to pay its debts when they are due;
(d) a liquidator or provisional liquidator is appointed to the party, or a receiver, receiver and manager, official manager, trustee or similar official is appointed over any of the party’s assets or undertakings;
(e) an application or order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the party; or
(f) an event similar to one in paragraphs (a) to (e) occurs in respect of the party in any non-New Zealand jurisdiction.
Intellectual Property Rights means all industrial and intellectual property rights anywhere in the world, including:
(a) copyright, patents, trademarks, plant breeder’s rights, rights in circuit layouts, registered designs and any right to have confidential information kept confidential; and
(b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of the rights referred to in (a).
(a) any liability, cost, expense, loss, personal injury (including illness), death or damage; and
(b) in relation to a Claim, Loss includes amounts payable on the Claim and (whether or not the Claim is successful), legal costs and disbursements on a full indemnity basis.
Moral Rights are the rights referred to in section 94 of the Copyright Act 1994, and include any similar rights in any jurisdiction outside New Zealand.
Project means, in relation to any work that we do for you:
(a) the Project described in a Purchase Order;
(b) if there is no Purchase Order, the project described in a Proposal;
(c) if there is no Proposal, then the project described in the Specifications; or
(d) if there are no Specifications, then the work that you have asked us to do.
Project Intellectual Property means designs, artwork, software and materials provided to you in the course of the Project, and any other Intellectual Property Rights created in the course of the Project, but does not include:
(a) the Content Management System (except to the extent that we have modified it);
(b) the Website Tools (except to the extent that we have modified them); or
(c) Client Content.
Purchase Order means a document issued (in writing or electronically) by us to you that sets out:
(a) the Services that we will provided to you;
(b) the estimated times within which those Services will be provided; and
(c) the Fees payable to us for those Services.
Proposal means a Proposal or an estimate that we provide to you in respect of any work that you have asked us to do.
Schedule of Fees means the rates and packages attached to this document, and any replacement of that professional services schedule released from time to time.
Services means the Services that we provide to you in the course of the Project, as described in clause 4.
Specifications means specifications for the work that you have asked us to do, and that you provide to us before or at the commencement of the Project, or as developed during the discovery and/or creative stages.
Support & Maintenance Packages means the packages provided to supply paid maintenance and support services to assist in the management, maintenance, training for, and repair of a The Launch Agency supplied/built/maintained Project as described in clause 21.
Third Party Software means software as described in clause 18.
Variation means changes to the Proposal and/or Specifications or any unplanned delays or additional project time due to unforeseen reasons beyond our reasonable control, as described in clause 7 and elsewhere in this agreement.
Variation Notice means the written notification regarding the Variations and the increase in Fees associated with the Variations as described in clause 7 and elsewhere in this agreement.
Warranty is any fix required to be supplied by The Launch Agency as outlined in clause 20. The Launch Agency will at its sole discretion determine the extent of warranty labour to be used in regards to a Warranty.
Website means the website that we develop for you in accordance with clause 14.
Website Tools means the tools, applications or packages set out in clause 16.